Welcome

Most of you already know me, because you are my dearest family and friends. Just in case someone else finds this unaware, I will give my introductions: My name is Katrina and I have a genetic disease called Cystic Fibrosis & CF Related Diabetes (CFRD). I am married to the love of my life, Philip who also has Cystic Fibrosis. He received a life changing bilateral lung transplant in 2005. I am currently wait listed at USC and UCSD for a bilateral lung transplant. I hope God blesses me with the same opportunity as my husband.

Monday, April 19, 2010

New Team to Meet Part 2






As I look back on last Thursday's meeting at USC, it all seems a bit of a whirlwind. It felt like I was having my annual physical. First thing in the morning, I had an Arterial Blood Gas (ABG), Pulmonary Function Tests (PFTs) and a six minute walk. I also had an X-Ray & CAT scan of my lungs & some blood work. All in all, everything went smoothly in the morning, but I was pretty tired by lunch time. In the afternoon, we met with members of the Lung Transplant Program at USC. Everyone was knowledgeable and forthcoming and knew how to explain things in detail in layman's terms. They were very patient answering our questions and concerns which quite frankly, we found very refreshing and reassuring. Everyone we spoke to was respectful and friendly as well. We could tell the team have a genuine rapport with one another which is definitely a good sign. Now the Transplant Program has to make a decision on whether or not they accept me as a candidate into their program. They will gather all my medical records and interview notes and present my case to their panel of experts. They meet regularly every week. We only received good vibes from all the medical personnel on Thursday, so we are very hopeful. Thank you so much for all your positive thoughts and prayers! Will give another update as soon as I can. Here are a few photos that my hubby Philip took. Will have to sneak a picture of him next time!

1 comment:

  1. These are great pictures, thanks for posting them!
    Love you,
    Marylen

    ReplyDelete