Welcome

Most of you already know me, because you are my dearest family and friends. Just in case someone else finds this unaware, I will give my introductions: My name is Katrina and I have a genetic disease called Cystic Fibrosis & CF Related Diabetes (CFRD). I am married to the love of my life, Philip who also has Cystic Fibrosis. He received a life changing bilateral lung transplant in 2005. I am currently wait listed at USC and UCSD for a bilateral lung transplant. I hope God blesses me with the same opportunity as my husband.

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

As of last Friday, it's been a WHOLE YEAR since I have been actively waiting on the lung transplant list! I cannot believe that it has been a year already. It went by rather slow for me. While I am so thankful and grateful that these old lungs are still breathing for me, it has been a challenge to keep my lungs happy. I do A LOT of physiotherapy. I feel my day is marked by nothing so interesting. I do my treatments 3-4 times daily, vest and PD&P, plus all my nebulizers. Then I eat, shower every other day, read or watch TV. Woohoo! Just kidding... I used to be more energetic than this. At least we bought an elliptical machine that was on sale, and I do use it 2-3 minutes a day. And I still like to cook when able. And I can still meet with friends on occasion. Having just had a a wonderful Thanksgiving meal yesterday, I am very thankful for ALL my family and friends and my wonderful husband who has been with me for these 16.5 years! All your love and support has meant the world to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment