Welcome

Most of you already know me, because you are my dearest family and friends. Just in case someone else finds this unaware, I will give my introductions: My name is Katrina and I have a genetic disease called Cystic Fibrosis & CF Related Diabetes (CFRD). I am married to the love of my life, Philip who also has Cystic Fibrosis. He received a life changing bilateral lung transplant in 2005. I am currently wait listed at USC and UCSD for a bilateral lung transplant. I hope God blesses me with the same opportunity as my husband.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Home Again

I just home yesterday after being in the hospital for three whole weeks! It feels wonderful to be home and finally relax! I slept in until 10:00 AM today and watched movies. Actually I am still feeling quite tired now, which is usual for me after such a long hospital stay. But it still feels so good to get a good night's rest without interruptions and there isn't an IV pump bleeping every 20 minutes either! All I can say is that all is right with the world right now. Just thankful to all the doctors, nurses and respiratory therapists who take care of me. I had so much junk in my lungs this time. Coughed up so much crap. I thought it was never ending. And thanks to the housekeeping and dietary staff who kept my room clean and delivered food to my room. It is much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment