Welcome

Most of you already know me, because you are my dearest family and friends. Just in case someone else finds this unaware, I will give my introductions: My name is Katrina and I have a genetic disease called Cystic Fibrosis & CF Related Diabetes (CFRD). I am married to the love of my life, Philip who also has Cystic Fibrosis. He received a life changing bilateral lung transplant in 2005. I am currently wait listed at USC and UCSD for a bilateral lung transplant. I hope God blesses me with the same opportunity as my husband.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

First Time

I am new to blogging, so I thought I would simply write about my day.  I did my airway clearance treatments, and will do more later. I use a combination of the vest and postural drainage & percussion (PD&P). And of course my nebulizers are the usual albuterol, atrovent and pulmozyme.  I also aerosolize colistin every other month. All in all treatments take up about 5-6 hours of my day. It can become somewhat tiring & repetitive, but I know if I did not do them I would feel awful. I started using oxygen while sleeping & with exercise about six years ago. Now I use oxygen 24/7. I used to take various dance classes at the local community college, and danced with a small O2 tank on my back. It was great!  I still use that backpack, except I have not danced in over a year. The most exciting thing I can do now is walk at a slow pace & stretch. This is one of the reasons why I look forward to a future where I can dance again. I truly miss it and hope to swim again too. 

There are tantalizing smells coming from kitchen where my chili is bubbling in my slow cooker. Can't wait to eat!  I enjoy cooking and wish I had more energy to do it.  That is what is so nice about my slow cooker.  Throw the ingredients into the cooker and forget about it for a while. Philip helps me with most of the chores around the house now, as I get easily more short of breath.  It is comforting to know that he is there for me, but I do wish I was able to help him. 

2 comments:

  1. we hope and pray that you get the call soon! God bless you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Friend Katrina!!!! I love your blogs! You are inspiring and beautiful...from the inside out. You are going to enjoy all the adventures, especially the ones with me and Jenell! hehe You are always in my thoughts and prayers. I love you!! Shannan

    ReplyDelete